CALL FOR A CONSULTATION
WITH DR. SEILER
Cosmetic Laser Procedures
- CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Fraxel Restore Dual
- IPL Treatment
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Q-Switched Laser
- Exilis Skin Tightening System
- Laser Spider Vein Removal
- Vampire Facelift®
- Botox Cosmetic
- Juvederm XC
- Juvederm VOLUMA XC
- Juvederm VOLBELLA® XC
- Cystic Acne Treatment
- Lipo B-12
Aesthetic Facial Treatments
Dr. Seiler is Birmingham's board certified cosmetic laser surgeon board certified cosmetic laser surgeon, trusted for his ability to treat patients’ concerns safely and effectively.
What is Juvederm XC?
Juvederm XC (Juvederm) is an FDA-approved filler that is the best solution to correct nasolabial folds and smile lines, provide a natural lip enhancement and produce mid-range facial volumizing. Juvederm is an industry and fan favorite, as it produces effective and natural results (won’t look “filled’) when injected by an experienced provider, like Dr. Seiler.
How does Juvederm work?
Juvederm uses long-chain hyaluronic acid molecules to create a consistent gel filler that can be placed at multiple depths in the skin to fill lines, wrinkles and correct mild to moderate volume loss. As opposed to its filler competitors (Restylane, Perlane and Belotero), which can be granular, fragmented and short-lasting, Juvederm is a long-lasting soft filler that, when properly injected, will not be palpable in the skin.
Learn more HERE: Dr. Seiler Prefers Juvederm over Other Fillers
What makes Juvederm different at Seiler Skin?
Dr. Seiler is recognized across the country as a leading authority on injection and injectable techniques. He trains other practitioners on advanced injection techniques for Allergan, the manufacturer of Juvederm.
In his daily practice, patients report that Dr. Seiler stands above the rest because he:
- Has deep knowledge of anatomy and facial proportions, and has studied extensively the artistry of facial analysis, DaVinci’s facial ideals, the Marquardt Face and attended a myriad of advanced lectures from world-renowned facial experts, including Dr. Arthur Swift’s BeautiPHIcation Proportional Analysis, and many others. This enables Dr. Seiler to look at the face as a whole and determine areas that need to be corrected, versus simply injecting filler where a patient believes the problem exists.
- A common example of this lack of knowledge translates into an inexperienced injector treating all lips the same. Each person’s lips (and entire anatomy) are different, even if only slightly. Dr. Seiler customizes his approach to each patient’s aesthetic proportions.
- Views Juvederm as one of many tools in his arsenal to combat the visible signs of aging. With his deep understanding of the different fillers he uses (including Juvederm Voluma XC and Juvederm Volbella), he is able to maximize results using the appropriate filler in each area.
- Is able minimize bruising and downtime due to:
- The use of the Accuvein device to reveal areas to avoid that contain vessels in the skin that could cause bruising.
- His commitment to spending as much time as needed to customize his injection technique to address the patient’s concerns, and making the patient as comfortable as possible (holding pressure to avoid bleeding, icing the treated area, etc.).
- Understands that some patients are extremely sensitive and/or anxious about filler treatments, and offers sedation options to help ease these concerns (including ProNox, which is similar to the “the gas” you would receive at a dentist’s office, topical numbing cream, numbing blocks, etc.).
Learn more HERE: What a Difference a Little Filler Can Make
What does Juvederm treat?
- Lines, wrinkles and folds
- Nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Smile lines
- Thinning lips (loss of definition)
- Lip volume
- Eyebrow drooping
- Prominent cartilage (bumps) on the nose
- Chin augmentation
- Dimpling of the skin
- Volume loss in the hands
- Earlobe earring holes
- Acne scars and other scars
Who is a good candidate for Juvederm?
Younger Patients (generally 18-30 years old)
Men and women in this age group who want to maintain their youthful volume, prevent/reduce fine lines and wrinkles, or improve the appearance of their lips can benefit from periodic injections with a small amount of Juvederm. One syringe of Juvederm in a patient seeking to prevent age-related volume loss can last an average of a year.
Middle-aged Patients (generally 30-55 years old)
Men and women in this category typically see a range of minimal to severe loss of volume, resulting in overall facial laxity, but are not yet good candidates for surgical intervention. Juvederm can be used to fill fine lines and wrinkles if the patient does not need more significant lifting of the face, where Voluma and other procedures (Vampire Facelift, etc.) would be utilized. It can also be used to produce a very natural look and feel of the lips.
Older Patients (generally 55-95 years old)
Patients in this age group will need to replace age-related volume loss. During your consultation, Dr. Seiler will carefully evaluate your concerns and determine what options (volume replacement alone or a combination of non-invasive and surgical procedures) will best address your concerns.
What can I expect when I come to Seiler Skin for Juvederm?
Dr. Seiler is committed to ensuring his patients fully understand how he will address their concerns, and are completely comfortable during their treatment. Patients who have had filler injections from other providers often report they are surprised at the ease and comfort of Dr. Seiler’s approach and techniques, and that bruising is minimal to non-existent.
What is the social downtime after receiving Juvederm?
There is no social downtime after receiving Juvederm at Seiler Skin. Patients can immediately resume their normal activities. For those patients who experience very minimal bruising, makeup can be worn for cover. Although rare, if any bruising occurs, a quick, free IPL spot treatment will rapidly dissolve the bruise.
How quickly will I see results from Juvederm?
The results from Juvederm injections are instantaneous, will peak one month after your treatment and can last an average of a year. When Juvederm is combined with the Vampire Facelift, patients will see even better results from PRP-driven collagen stimulation and increased volume enhancement.
How much does Juvederm cost?
Juvederm at Seiler Skin costs $660 for one syringe (we offer multi-syringe package pricing). This price includes any topical or injectable numbing. Most providers advertise Juvederm anywhere from $550 – $700 per syringe; however, this can be misleading as some providers will recommend more Juvederm than is necessary to achieve your desired result, driving the cost up. Dr. Seiler’s expertise empowers him to determine exactly how much Juvederm you will need.
Do not determine where you will go for Juvederm based on price – make your decision based upon expertise.
An alarming number of patients have come to Seiler Skin unhappy with their results from another provider, admitting they “price-shopped.” Unfortunately, due to how long Juvederm lasts, Dr. Seiler must use an expensive enzyme to dissolve the improperly injected filler (can cost up to $600) and patients must wait 3-4 months before attempting injection again.
Additionally, serious compilations can arise if a provider accidently injects filler into blood vessels or other delicate structures. We cannot emphasize enough how difficult (and potentially dangerous) it is to inject filler, which is why it its critical patients are educated and choose the right injector.
Lastly, the FDA and DEA have cracked down on providers caught using fake Juvederm, illegally imported Juvederm or expired Juvederm. It is extremely important that – both for your personal safety and in order to achieve your desired results – you thoroughly research your provider and call Allergan, the manufacturer of Juvederm, to ensure they purchase their product legally.
Copyright © 2017 by Dr. Warren Seiler (pending) All rights reserved. These instructions, forms or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.